New Producer here...

Jump in and let's talk about the Revolution!
ODesigns

New Producer here...

Postby ODesigns » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:26 am

Just wanted to drop a line and say that I'm excited to become a producer here on RevoStock.

I've been a "client" for some time, but only recently caught the bug and decided to contribute, rather than just consume.

I'm a video editor in the Pittsburgh area who has purchased some clips in the past for various cable TV commercials--some of which may be seen at rynocable.com.

My work is mostly in After Effects, but I just purchased a Canon XH-A1 and look forward to getting some great shots to put up on RevoStock.

Thanks!
Last edited by ODesigns on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Orlowski
Pittsburgh, PA

DEMO REEL: http://www.orlowskidesigns.com

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Postby RevoStock1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:30 am

Hey Orlowski. Welcome to RevoStock! Happy to have you here and hope your experience is great!

Craig

Digital Spatula

Postby Digital Spatula » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:35 am

Welcome to Revostock, Orlowski! Let us know if we can help in any way.

Good luck with your sales. I look forward to your creations.
Thanks,
Steve

Steve T, Digital Spatula

Check out our Revo footage at:
http://www.revostock.com/ViewProfile.html?&ID=622

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:22 am

Hey James !

Welcome to Revostock and thanks for supporting the site in the past via your editing needs.

Looking forward to your work with that new camera.

OH, and by the way.... seeing your mention of the Pittsburgh area caught my eye as Western PA is my old turf. :) Glad to have you on the Revo ship! :)

Ron

ODesigns

Postby ODesigns » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:29 am

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, I'm from just north of Pittsburgh. And I see there are NO Pittsburgh shots on RevoStock. I think I'll build a little library since I'm so close....

Anyone need some funicular (i.e., Incline) shots? :)

PS, postquis... I used one of your transitions in this recent cable spot:

http://rynocable.com/spots/com-004-HD.mov
James Orlowski
Pittsburgh, PA

RWM - MEDIA

Postby RWM - MEDIA » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:06 am

Welcome @ Revo James!
Maybe we will find here some After Effects projects from you in the future?

Rudi

ODesigns

Postby ODesigns » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:02 pm

RWM - MEDIA wrote:Maybe we will find here some After Effects projects from you in the future?

Perhaps, if I'm so inspired. Looks like the AE section is pretty well covered here....
James Orlowski
Pittsburgh, PA

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:02 pm

OrlowskiDesigns wrote:
PS, postquis... I used one of your transitions in this recent cable spot:

http://rynocable.com/spots/com-004-HD.mov

James,

Well done! ... and thank you for sharing that spot with us.... and thank you for the purchase of one of my transitions! It is great when we can see how our work here on Revo is used in the marketplace.

Appreciate you sharing that with us here ! :)

Ron

ComradeGrrr

Rip off

Postby ComradeGrrr » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:51 pm

This site is a rip off of half of the stuff on videocopilot.net. Do whoever you folks work for a favor and don't pay for this stuff. You can get the project files and full tutorials for free elsewhere.

ODesigns

Postby ODesigns » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:56 am

postquis design wrote:Well done! ... and thank you for sharing that spot with us.... and thank you for the purchase of one of my transitions! It is great when we can see how our work here on Revo is used in the marketplace.

Glad you liked my use of your transition.

Mind me asking how you created it? Was it in some 3D app or was it completely done in AE?
James Orlowski
Pittsburgh, PA

ODesigns

Re: Rip off

Postby ODesigns » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:05 am

ComradeGrrr wrote:You can get the project files and full tutorials for free elsewhere.

Speaking as someone who works for a production company, sometimes, it's cheaper to buy a pre-made AE comp than it is to spend the hours creating something similar.

And of course, there's the whole time constraints and deadlines issue.

I've watched many tutorials on VCP, and watching them has greatly enhanced my own AE workflows. And if I have 3 days to work on a project, then yes, I have time to create and perfect my own custom AE effect.

But for the most part, my stuff needs "done by the end of the day," so in those cases, I turn to pre-made projects, even though I'm quite able to do some of those things myself.

My company has no issues with me doing this. In fact, money I save in man hours far outweighs the cost of purchasing one or even two pre-made AE projects.
James Orlowski
Pittsburgh, PA

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:59 am

ODesigns wrote:Glad you liked my use of your transition.

Mind me asking how you created it? Was it in some 3D app or was it completely done in AE?

Hey James,

Those interstitial transitions were designed to be used in exactly the way you utilized them. The "Fire Lines" Series of that design was composited in AE with AE's 3D space being utilized along with a LOT of "special ingredients" thrown in there. :)

Thanks again for being a Revo supporter and customer!

Ron

Squeeze
RevoStaff

Re: Rip off

Postby Squeeze » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:38 pm

ComradeGrrr wrote:This site is a rip off of half of the stuff on videocopilot.net. Do whoever you folks work for a favor and don't pay for this stuff. You can get the project files and full tutorials for free elsewhere.

Just wanted to comment on your recent post. You aren't the first to recognize that a lot of people like to imitate Andrew Kramer's style. However, video files and After Effects project files must contain elements created totally by the producer themselves. You may see elements and projects that are similar in style but the elements are original elements created by the producer.

Also, this style of animated flourishes and grungy effects was around before videocopilot.net began putting out stock footage DVDs of pre-made elements. They were just smart and recognized what a lot of people who buy pre-made media do-- that time is money. As James stated before- sometimes you have projects that don't allow you the time to custom create each element and buying a stock piece saves you time. In the production world- time=money.

Also, we have contacted Andrew Kramer before about the some of the files on our site that we felt were very similar to his style. He's okay with the project files we sell. If you see a particular file that you believe violates the agreement our producers sign when uploading media, please send us an email through our help desk system and we will be happy to address your concern.

Now I return this thread to it's regularly scheduled comments.

vj orchid

Re: New Producer here...

Postby vj orchid » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:02 am

Hello im jorge and new :roll:
i love revostock .
i live in argentina and i work in a small very small channel in a town call Merlo.
i thinks revostock its great to make the dreams happend!.
hope i can bring good after projects , but its hard to find the best quality.

thanks you for be a part o it..and sorry for my bad inglish :(

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Re: New Producer here...

Postby RevoStock1 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:58 am

Hi Jorge. Thanks for posting and we are glad to have you here at RevoStock!

Return to General RevoStock.com Discussion