Forgot your password?

Forgot your Email?

or Create a FREE Account!

Click To Show Advanced Search Options

Producers... How are we doin?

In this thread we will keep you up to date on the newest Revolution Stock Media news!
RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Producers... How are we doin?

Postby RevoStock1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:51 pm

We often are asked, "Is it worth it to be on RevoStock?" We would like to start a thread where our current media producers can comment on this.

So, if you have a minute, we would love to hear from you! Hopefully this will be a helpful resource for future potential producers!

Thanks!

Craig

nataq

Postby nataq » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Definitely yes!
Revostock sales are increasing month after month.
Although videography is only second for me (doing much much more photography) - revostock has conquered third place ($-wise) in december from all my stocksites photography, graphics and video combined.

Had the same doubts when I started, but no more! Thanks, RevoStock!

DropDrop

REVO RULES

Postby DropDrop » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:15 pm

Yes definitely worth it... I make hundreds of dollars a month making music. So I have turned a hobby into a profession and it wouldn't be possible with out this site.
Cassidy Bisher
Motion Graphics Designer
DropDrop.com LLC

DropDrop

Postby DropDrop » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:17 pm

Also, I sold 13 files today....

is this a record? Thanks Revo!
Cassidy Bisher
Motion Graphics Designer
DropDrop.com LLC

Digital Spatula

Postby Digital Spatula » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:54 pm

This site has been revolutionary to me. I've been in the video biz since '82 and have done lots of things but none has been more inspirational and motivating than creating for Revo and seeing the results. Even though motion graphics are my specialty (After Effects, Cinema 4D, etc.), shooting video has become not only a hobby but a real income source with nothing to hold me back in growing my portfolio and skill set. Thanks to my video, music and after effects files, I've got a nice steady stream of income now, averaging 1300/mo since Revo started selling AE projects, which should grow as I use my new Sony EX1 to build my footage portfolio.

I would say that ANYBODY who has an eye for video, music, or AE work should consider Revo and the impact it could have on you creativity and pocketbook.

I have to say a big THANKS to Craig and the crew for creating a great place for inspiration, community and income generation. The quality of this site is off the map in every way compared to competitors.

I believe Revostock is poised for incredible growth as more producers bring quality stuff to the table and the word gets out to the buying public. Join the ride as we see this market really take off.
Thanks,
Steve

Steve T, Digital Spatula

Check out our Revo footage at:
http://www.revostock.com/ViewProfile.html?&ID=622

Murphymedia

Postby Murphymedia » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:30 am

Cassidy Bisher wrote:Also, I sold 13 files today....

is this a record? Thanks Revo!

NICE!!

Digital Spatula wrote:averaging 1300/mo

VERY NICE!!

I love Revo too.. I see my revenue growing higher every month.. It won't be long until Revo takes over as the #1 stock site for video, music and AE files. Other sites are clearly fearing the growth of Revo as the name of Revostock is mentioned in many forums on other stock sites and these threads get closed immediately. Keep up the pace Revo and you'll end up first!!

AE Projects

Postby AE Projects » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:52 am

Murphymedia wrote:Other sites are clearly fearing the growth of Revo as the name of Revostock is mentioned in many forums on other stock sites and these threads get closed immediately.

They have nothing to fear but fear itself. Or REVO!

1300/mo is great! Keep the files coming!

Sebastian H. Pituscan

Postby Sebastian H. Pituscan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:06 pm

I can't boast about 1300/mo, but IMHO being a producer on Revo is worth it.

RWM - MEDIA

Postby RWM - MEDIA » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:02 am

Definitely YES!!! :P

WOW, Steve – averaging 1300/mo is a lot! You are the Grandmaster of AE-Projects. I select the most downloaded projects in the AE category and nobody can beat you. In the top 20 are only 3 other projects, not from you and the first one is on place No.10! Respect!!! Would be interesting what’s you averaging per month only with Footage.

Since I join Revo, my sales growing any month and my average/mo is now 150 to 200 bugs. Not bad only with Footage clips, I think. In the last 4 moths I was always over 200$ and the best single month was 266$. Would be interesting to hear how much other producers get (average/mo and best Result)! 8)

Rudi

Digital Spatula

Postby Digital Spatula » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:51 am

Hey Rudi,
Thanks for the nice words.

The AE project sales seem to be a real hit. Too bad there are not more yet but that will come.

I'd say my average footage sales are in the $350-400/mo range. I just bought a new Sony PMW-EX1 and am shooting like a madman. You can see all the new uploaded footage in my portfolio. I'm hoping to double the footage sales by end of year.

I do sell on other sites but Revo has tham all beat in SO many areas (commissions, customer service, approal speeds, ease of uploading,etc.)
Thanks,
Steve

Steve T, Digital Spatula

Check out our Revo footage at:
http://www.revostock.com/ViewProfile.html?&ID=622

Mark Fogarty
RevoModerator

Postby Mark Fogarty » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:11 am

My portfolio is neither large nor impressive. I've had around 100 clips up for quite a while, added another 70 in mid-November. Pretty well all of my clips are NTSC, but I do have two AE projects, one level 1 and one level 2. Both of them have sold twice.

For what it's worth, here's a look at my sales for the past year.

January 07 - $54
February - $45
March - $108
April - $45
May - $36
June - $45
July - $45
August - $63
September - $84
October - $111
November - $102
December - $240
January 08 (so far) - $90

Until the fall I usually expected around $50 in sales but things have increased i the fall. I assume because of the increased traffic on the site.

The March bump was mainly due to 5 of my New York City subway clips selling (I'm assuming to the same person).

Certainly didn't mind the December bump. Only 6 of them were Christmas themed backgrounds... now I wish I had added HD versions of them.

While my sales figures and portfolio will not impress most on the site... I like the upward sales trend and the fact I am making money on clips I haven't thought about since July of 2006.

Margus Lillemagi

Postby Margus Lillemagi » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:37 am

Well done! I joined Revo in March 2007 and have just 130 uploads now. My footage started to sell somewhere in June 2007, when I reached the critical mass. My average sales used to be around $100-120/mo (10-14 clips), but since December 2007 it has been $200/mo (20+clips) and it is growing steadily. January 2008 has been the best month and 23 clips for $210 has been sold, almost a clip per day. It is enough motivating to double the uploads.

Margus

RWM - MEDIA

Postby RWM - MEDIA » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:48 am

Hey, quick answers here!

You have a nice Portfolio Steve and I’m watching you! :!:
Why? I like to see what the new Sony EX can effort and I can believe that you are shooting now as a madman! A new toy can push a lot! Right now I’m a little “out of order” with my HVX200 because I have a big knee (sprained ligaments) and walk with crutches but next month I will start with a shooting on Bali and Lombok. Hopefully no a**holes are there! ;-)

A nice DemoReel on your HP Steven and with a nice music. Did you get it here?

Right, December was a very good moths and good too see that Producers with a small Portfolio can earn this money! For me another argument to keep a good quality in our portfolios and don’t upload everything I look on. Go ahead Noeding and Margus! Btw. Margus, you come from Belgium. Why you didn’t shoot the Atomium in Brussels? Didn’t see it here…

Rudi

playboy354

Postby playboy354 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:57 pm

Its good to see that yall are making money...hope i can do the same, i just joined. Chk my music out if you want...

Steve Griffiths

RevoStock Experience Has Been Great!!

Postby Steve Griffiths » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:08 am

Now that I'm a few months in as a producer for Revostock I wanted to comment on how great an experience it has been. I sold my first shots in September 2007 and my initial aim was to hit (on average) 1 shot per day by the end of this year (2008).

With around 40 shots of mine uploaded so far I figured I'd need to get to around the 120 shot mark to achieve this.

Well sales recently seem to be accelerating and I'm already getting close to my first target (1 sold shot per day average). This would seem to indicate that the 'message' about Revostock is really starting to get out to the right market(s).

I'm also happy to report that deciding to be a Revostock exclusive producer was the right decision. I looked closely at the other stock libraries before starting here and saw complex remuneration programs, unfriendly uploading processes and frankly it seemed too hard.

So to the team at Revostock and all the Producers - thanks.

Steve Griffiths

Next

Return to RevoStock News