Forgot your password?

Forgot your Email?

or Create a FREE Account!

Click To Show Advanced Search Options

New Splash Page

In this thread we will keep you up to date on the newest Revolution Stock Media news!
postquis design

Postby postquis design » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:39 pm

I have a programming question relating to the drop downs....

If a sub-catagory receives its first clip on any given day does the main search drop down bar update dynamically as soon as the clip is approved?

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:53 pm

C.,

Take a look at the main search bar's gold/yellow background. I am seeing some partial 1-3 pixel white lines running horizonatlly.

1. Just above the word "Advanced" on the left side (Search)
2. Under the GO button for search
3. Above "Revo Search" button top left
4. To the left of the Backgrounds checkbox in the gold
5. There are a couple othesr running through the grey format checklist box/the AE Projects box/and then in the free gold BG space to the right...

Might be my browser..... let me know.

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Postby RevoStock1 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:24 pm

Can you email me a screenshot of this Ron?

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:45 pm

Yep...

It's on its way...

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:41 pm

Craig,

I sent you additional info via support ticket follow-up on this matter.

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Postby RevoStock1 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:20 pm

Got it. The category stuff updates nightly I believe so it won't be instantaneous.

Thanks for the screen shot. Are trying to figure that out.

Thanks!

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:29 pm

I thought that might be the case since I remember Mark mentioning a script that runs on the overnight update.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding the screen shot ... I have that issue on 2 different computers with the same software combo so I'm thinking it may be Safari 2.0.4

Is anyone having an issue with Safari 2.0.4 with Tiger 10.4.10 regarding fine white lines in the new golden/yellow search bar? These lines are 1-3 pixels wide in the gold and grey background areas of the banner.

If anyone is exhibiting this can you please post your software combo. I'd like to know if this is an issue with Safari. Firefox for mac is fine.

thanks

DIGITALrenaissance

Site performance issues

Postby DIGITALrenaissance » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:19 pm

Is it just me? Ever since the site design update, the web site performance is been very bad, i.e. slow!

I have tried in both IE & and Firefox and it is the same. The new front page banner literally paints onto the screen, block by block. Searching seems a lot slower than it used to be. Over the weekend I was showing off the site to a colleague and it was embarrassingly slow and did not make a good impression on a new potential user. I never saw these issues with the old site design.

If this is not just me (I doubt it as my other sites are just fine and I am on 7MB cable), then this is a sure way to kill off the business. IF people get frustrated waiting for pages to load, then they will give up and go elsewhere.

What are others seeing re: Site Performance?

-David

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Postby RevoStock1 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:28 pm

Hey David. Can you give some more info? Is it mainly the homepage you are speaking of, or are you talking about when you do a search?

thx!

Craig

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:32 pm

Hey Dave,

Interesting to hear this. I had issues yesterday too with slow load times on the home page more so than the splash page. Unbearably slow although since I had ftp issues I thought it might be unique to me.

All in all, I am not getting as fast load times as other sites too, but I've passed it off to my ISP although it is cable modem since I hadn't heard of others mention it till now.

I noticed the button graphics and the thumbnails on the slow mode yesterday.

Ron

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Postby RevoStock1 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Hey, try again. I think you should notice at least some difference now. Made some changes.

Thanks!

Craig

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Craig,

It is now WORSE on my end. The splash loads fine and the flash pop out previews are fine. BUT the home page takes 10 sec. to load only 2/3 the page and then the flash pop outs on the home page are scaling to some HUGE size! ... like really large and I am on a 23" Cinema Dispslay.

Ron

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Craig,

Ok,... getting better now. The pop out previews are back to normal. But navigating to the home page either at sign on or from within the site after log in is still taking about 7 seconds to load

DIGITALrenaissance

Postby DIGITALrenaissance » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Hi Craig,

I start here: http://www.revostock.com/ , but past the new login page. I am seeing poor performance overall on the site. Much worse than the old site. My gut is thinking it is all the Java script pages. There is a site that I use (FXPHD.com) that is also really slow due to Java issues. But with that site it is aok with Firefox, it is just slow with IE7. On Revo, it is slow on both IE7 and Firefox. Searching is also much slower in this new layout.

Frequently when pages are loading, the browser appears to be hanging momentarily and takes 100% of the cpu. You can move the mouse and go to other windows but the Revo browser window hangs such that you can not even try and scroll a page as the new page is loading.

-David

RevoStock1 wrote:Hey David. Can you give some more info? Is it mainly the homepage you are speaking of, or are you talking about when you do a search?

thx!

Craig

Sebastian H. Pituscan

Postby Sebastian H. Pituscan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:46 am

Checked Revo's performance on a Mac and a PC (seems normal load times to me) but ran across this little nugget:

On the main page the tab for most downloaded does not load because the address itself is misspelled.

PreviousNext

Return to RevoStock News