Forgot your password?

Forgot your Email?

or Create a FREE Account!

Click To Show Advanced Search Options

Sony XDCAM-EX

Discuss everything related to stock video and After Effects projects on RevoStock!
postquis design

Postby postquis design » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:38 pm

Kerry,

Here's a shot of the Letus w/HVX on a Zacuto rail rig.

http://www.zacuto.com/Letus_01.htm

Letus just came out with a new version called Extreme and there is also a "Lite" version for cameras like the HV20 I believe. Letus is said to be coming with their own rod system soon also I hear.

I believe this new Letus Extreme flips the picture for you internally.

Hope this helps some.... I keep my eye out :shock:

RWM - MEDIA

Postby RWM - MEDIA » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:09 am

Haha, good to hear Kerry! :wink:

The Zacuto is really expensive! Think it’s better to wait a little for other rig’s. Kerry, you didn’t see any setups? At DVXUser you will find some and in the forum from http://www.letusdirect.com/ you will find a lot more! The extreme is also on my wish list but there is not enough money in my pocket. :cry:

Hmmm… if I’m right that you have a 8 GIG card? If so, than you can’t use the 16 GIG and the 8 GIG together. In this case, it’s better to buy a second 8 GIG because it’s cheaper. Did you hear, the 32 GIG are out now! ;)

Rudi

Murphymedia

Postby Murphymedia » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:16 am

32GB WHERE??? How can I get it?? I have a 4GB card, that's why I'm dying to get a new one. I have the money right now too, so I wanna get it before I spend it on something useless.. Gonna go for a 32GB quest now.. thanks Rudi!!

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:27 am

Rudi,

Yes, the Zacuto system is expensive! Even any single component is expensive in its own right. But I have learned over the many years that you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR..... (unless of course you have "Rudi-skills" and can build it yourself) :D

I have a Zacuto baseplate and accesories for my DVX and gotta say that the build quality is "sweet". But I do understand the economics of this game and needing to buy other gear at the same time. I really like how the Zacuto baseplate can adjust for different camera len's offsets to add a mattebox.

So you are sold on the NEW Letus Extreme for a 35mm adaptor???? I have been looking at it and am considering it. Since I have the Zacuto rail system it would just require their Z-Riser and some rod extensions possibly.

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:26 am

Kerry,

Since you say you are interested in a 32GB card I'll keep my eye open here in the States. I don't know how that affects your final price with the cost to get it to you but check this link out. B&H is accepting orders for those cards so that makes me think they are in the distribution channel or very close to being available here.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5 ... _High.html

You can put in your e-mail so their system automatically sends you a reminder when they are in stock. That could give you a heads up on availability over here.

Hope that helps you out.

Murphymedia

Postby Murphymedia » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:30 am

Thanks for that. I already placed an order for it from B&H!! Hopefully they have it in stock soon and hopefully it arrives REAL soon too. Would be a nice xmas present to myself..

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:39 am

Ok Kerry !!!

Glad to hear you got in line early ! :D

Given your situation with just one 4 GB card and having to use them in matched pairs....the price on that 32GB was priced competively to the 16s

Having one 32 should do you right! .... Hoping the reindeer make a stop on your roof early this year !!!!

Good shooting....... and long UN-interupted shooting ! :wink:

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:22 am

Kerry,

For your future reference and to possibly answer some of your earlier questions regarding the Letus adaptor....check this link out.

http://www.letusdirect.com/cart/Letus-3 ... e-p-6.html

It appears it screws on the camera's lens with set screws holding the adaptor of your choice on the front side... they show it with a Canon cam and cavision rods of some sort.....

Murphymedia

Postby Murphymedia » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:29 am

Yeh I was looking at that just now. Looks really great and the price is good too. I think that will be my next gadget that I get once my stock video money recovers from the 32GB giant card. Although the P+S comes with an additional lens. I will have to do some extensive investigation on this subject matter.

Are you planning on getting one sometime Ron??

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:40 am

Kerry,

That P+S has me puzzled,... it appears that you still need your own lenses up front from what I see. And like you said, 1700 euros but I gotta figure out what that would be in $$$$ ???? I think more than the new Letus.

That Letus price IS attractive and possibly introductory so I MAY jump on it.

Soooooooooo, ya looking :shock: for a guinea pig to test this stuff out ...hey ??? :)

Murphymedia

Postby Murphymedia » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:51 am

MINI35 connecting kit for Panasonic HVX200
incl. intermediate lens, support bridge with fixing plate for video camera, adapter for Panasonic battery, cover plate, non-lanc cable
ˆ 1700[/i]

http://www.pstechnik.de/en/shop/n_shop_1.php

yeh their info ain't really that clear, but here it says that it includes 'intermediate lens'

1700euros= a lot of dollars at the moment (2,492.45 USD)!! Definitely much more than the Letus.

And of course I'm always looking for guinea pigs. You can volunteer if you wish of course Ron, but I think we already have one that has confirmed for the Letus to be fantastic and his footage confirms it too

http://www.revostock.com/ViewProfile.html?&ID=354

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:29 am

Kerry,

:lol: :lol: :lol: I always am happy to find a guinea pig too !

I wonder if that "intermediate lens" sits between the camera and their optic box. They list them as part of their "connecting kits" and is camera specific. So I suspect that you would still need a piece of glass out front to get started.

Yes, that producer is using Letus.... nice stuff!

RWM - MEDIA

Postby RWM - MEDIA » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:29 pm

Hey Kerry,
good to hear that you order a 32gig card! That will change your situation dramatically! Nice Christmas gift for you! Congrats!

Haha… "Rudi-skills"

But you are right, the Zacuto IS a very well constructed piece and we have to pay for it because they haven’t big competitors. Think this will change in the future and then they have to drop the price. The first time when the 35mm adapter comes out, it was over 6000 EU and now?

I didn’t know the configuration from the Zacuto. I just fly over the big thread @ DVXUser because the extreme is far away for me (at the moment). Right now I’m looking for some Nikon lenses on eBay. Maybe I can catch for a good price a nice 1.2 or 1.4 50mm, 1.4 35mm or… :wink:

Right now I’m looking on P&S sites and their info is really not clear. The connecting kit cost 1700 EU but that is only the CONNECTION KIT for the adapter, not the 35mm adapter himself! RIGHT??????? Really confused….
:? :? :?

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:50 pm

Rudi,

I hear ya on the looking for the front side primes... gotta have those too. Do you have a preferance what brand you are looking for ?... Nikon or Canon ? I have to start keeping an eye open around here for them too.

You are right on the P+S site.....to me it looks like you pick the optics box for your format camera. In this case for small chip cams I believe is the Mini 35. Then you pick the "connector kit" for the particular make....so I believe this takes into account the thread size on the stock lens on your camera.

That's how I see it.... but I agree, it's not very clear. But hey, why don't you treat yourself like Kerry did and give yourself an early Santa visit.....

http://www.zacuto.com/Letus_01.htm

Here is the HVX with a Letus and Zacuto set up....

RWM - MEDIA

Postby RWM - MEDIA » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:47 am

Think it’s better to talk there about HVX - P2 - letus etc. because this is the EX thread...

PreviousNext

Return to Video and After Effects