Forgot your password?

Forgot your Email?

or Create a FREE Account!

Click To Show Advanced Search Options

suggestions

Is there a feature you would like to see on RevoStock.com? Let us know!
ironstrike

suggestions

Postby ironstrike » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:46 am

First of all I like this site, and the features and all that jazz. The profile pages are really great here too.

Im new to this site, actually I 'joined' a long time ago, but I didn't really do anything.
ANYway...some of the instructions seem outdated, somewhere there was a place that said 'thumbnails required' and a few other details like that, conflicting instructions...I know that most of you probably just skip over reading the instructions because you are so used to the upload process,but it was a little weird for me.

Also I uploading a bunch of clips with just commas between the keywords, and although this is acceptable on other places, I had to go through the 'resubmit status' clips and fix those. No big deal. Melissa gets the pleasure of looking at my clips twice thats all.

Mark (Expirt Spellor)
:twisted:

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Re: suggestions

Postby RevoStock1 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Hey Mark.

Thanks very much for posting and welcome to Revo!! We are very glad to have you and thanks so much for taking the time to post your suggestions. You should find that we really appreciate our producers here and do our best to respond to requests like this.

1. Thanks for making us aware of the instructions issues. Will definitely double check these and make sure all is correct. Always appreciate users letting us know about items like these as they can be easy to miss.

2. On the keywords, the commas on the keywords is actually something that we can adjust on the back-end. Will make this change and let our reviewers know.

Thanks again for your feedback and let us know how else we can improve your experience!

Craig

ODesigns

Postby ODesigns » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:27 am

Every other site uses and accepts commas between keywords. Some even require it. To simplify my life, I submit here WITH commas, and it seems to work fine, and I've never had a rejection from using them.
James Orlowski
Pittsburgh, PA

DEMO REEL: http://www.orlowskidesigns.com

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Postby RevoStock1 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:22 am

Ahhh yes... I double checked with Melissa like this as I didn't think having the commas was an issue with us. She had mentioned, Mike, that your keywords did have commas but no spaces after the commas which can have adverse effects on our site since the system interprets it as one long line of text and therefore can cause it to not wrap in some areas. So, yes, you can definitely use commas, but will need to put a space after each one to separate the words.

i.e.

Transportation Airplane Terminal Baggage

or

Transportation, Airplane, Terminal, Baggage

But not

Transportation,Airplane,Terminal,Baggage

Thanks!

Craig

ironstrike

Postby ironstrike » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Right thats what I mean, I guess I wasn't making myself clear.

is acceptable on other sites, just FYI. Thats how I have my keywords written in an excel file. I guess its not an issue with most people...but it might be an issue with some new users. You can probably use a php function with something like this:

Code: Select all
<?php
$trans = array("," => " ");
echo strtr("Transportation,Airplane,Terminal,Baggage", $trans);
?>

This will take the text
and change it into this:
Transportation Airplane Terminal Baggage

by 'translating' the commas into spaces.

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Postby RevoStock1 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Hey Mike. Sure we can do that. Not a big deal. We just haven't had anyone mention that at this point. Will take care of it! Thanks for letting us know!

I will let you know when it is set up.

Craig

dnavarrojr

Postby dnavarrojr » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:17 am

Hmm... so much for open communication, looks like you deleted my other thread...

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Postby RevoStock1 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:32 am

Hi Dave. Actually just got moved to the producer's lounge after making a lengthy response.

:)

Craig

dnavarrojr

Postby dnavarrojr » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:43 am

Thanks, I'll look there.

casu

Postby casu » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Gud day everyone!

the after effects projects you were selling are nice and creative! and having tutorial for that particular project is good too!

frozenpeas

Postby frozenpeas » Thu May 20, 2010 3:27 pm

RevoStock1 wrote:Hey Mike. Sure we can do that. Not a big deal. We just haven't had anyone mention that at this point. Will take care of it! Thanks for letting us know!

I will let you know when it is set up.

Craig

Any news on this development as I just had a comma lack of space rejection from Melissa.
Thanks

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Postby RevoStock1 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Sorry about that Mike. We made the change in the system, but because of the way we set it up I thought that it would show differently to Melissa.

Will let her know and get that file back online.

Thanks!

Craig

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Fri May 21, 2010 9:12 am

RevoStock1 wrote:Hi Dave. Actually just got moved to the producer's lounge after making a lengthy response.

:)

Craig

Why am i not able to see that forum?

RWM - MEDIA

Postby RWM - MEDIA » Wed May 26, 2010 12:43 am

Eddie, are you a Revo-Producer? If not, you can't see that forum.

Rudi

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Wed May 26, 2010 12:40 pm

I'm a producer yes. Almost 100 clips in my port here.

Next

Return to Site Suggestions