Producers... How are we doin?

In this thread we will keep you up to date on the newest Revolution Stock Media news!
motiondrops
RevoModerator

Revo: The best community based stock house

Postby motiondrops » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:36 pm

I have no words to describe Revo stock. Top of the line management, top of the line customer services, top community. I have not a single line of complaint or disagreement.

Before I joined Revo, I did a research about stock footage since I wanted to join the stock footage industry (a little dream I had) and after studying and researching more than 70 stock houses, in my personal humble opinion Revo is one of the Top 5 in terms of price, quality, service and look.

We know Revo is still in its infancy but sure enough it has started the Revolution.

My congrats to the great work of all producers and for all the achievement.

postquis design

Re: RevoStock Experience Has Been Great!!

Postby postquis design » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:26 pm

Steve Griffiths wrote:I'm also happy to report that deciding to be a Revostock exclusive producer was the right decision. I looked closely at the other stock libraries before starting here and saw complex remuneration programs, unfriendly uploading processes and frankly it seemed too hard.

So to the team at Revostock and all the Producers - thanks.

Steve Griffiths

Hello all....

I've waited a while to post my thoughts on this topic as I am one of the newer Producers here on Revo. I felt it appropriate to hear from some of the Producers who were here from the earlier days of Revo to give you all a longer term perspective(1year to 1.5 years) in their feedback. Now that some of them have shared their views I can shed some light on a shorter time period. Like Steve Griffiths, I too spent some time "checking out" the other stock sites in this emerging business. I came away with very similar thoughts...... long approval times, lower commisions, complex remuneration programs as Steve noted, uploading processes that just took TOO much time AND user communities (via their site's forums) that I felt were voicing issues that I didn't want to deal with. It just seemed that each site had at least one or more of these issues. Definitely not worth my time to deal with ANY of them. THEN I found Revo!

I decided to sign up and the experience has been nothing but REFRESHING! Having worked in the TV Production business for MANY years it is a pleasure to work with professionals who bring "old school" customer service to the table. A quality that certainly seems to be missing in many facets of business today. This keeps bringing customers back and in turn benefits all who contribute to the content here. Revo is building this site from the ground up and while I have only been here for about 8 months I have seen a number of improvements that benefit all who use the site. They are open to feedback from their producers and have acted on it to improve the user experience. They truely DO respect their producers! That is HUGE in my book.

On another note the forum community here is very helpful and respectful of all who participate. It is quite unique these days to find such consistent dialogue on a professional level. It is a great place to meet other professionals which can only expand one's network.

When reading over the Revo material (in order to become approved as a Producer here) I kept seeing the emphasis on quality work. Revo suggests that you only upload your very BEST work. That in turn puts your best image as a content provider front and center to prospective customers. If I was to share some advice with prospective producers signing up here I would echo the same comments. Having a smaller portfolio to begin this venture with should not deter you if it is of quality. In fact there are some smaller portfolios here that have sold QUITE well.

My specialty here is motion backgounds and I can tell you that my sales have grown steadily as I have built my portfolio. People are finding out about Revo and in turn it is showing in the sales that you have read about above in this thread. The comments from other producers above show you what can be achieved here. There is a paradigm shift happening in the media production business and Revo, in my opinion, is positioned nicely to benefit from it. I for one am happy to be on the Revo train!

It has been a great experience and I thank the Revo team for making such a great site !

ps... remember one thing.... the key word in all of this is...Quality

:D

JOSIF

Postby JOSIF » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:30 pm

Yes!

backtalk_unlimited

Postby backtalk_unlimited » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:52 pm

Well, we haven't yet ascended to Cassidy B's performance level, but we continue to aspire...

Fact is, Backtalk Unlimited staff members have a wealth of musical experience to draw upon but relatively little past experience with the subtleties associated with development of production music libraries. The input that Jon W. kindly provided last year and that we continue to receive from Craig L. has been tremendously helpful to us in refining our audio engineering techniques and in adapting our musical styles to meet RevoStock's needs and those of its clients.

We welcome additional constructive feedback from RevoStock staff and from other RevoStock producers. Maybe, eventually, we'll get the hang of it, but until then we plan to keep on truckin' (and listenin'). (':wink:')

Happy Producing!

Alan (backtalk_unlimited)
Backtalk Unlimited - The Number One Indie Record Label in Little Elm, TX. We offer original music and music-related services. Please visit us at http://backtalkunlimited.bravehost.com

playboy354

Postby playboy354 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:03 pm

I really enjoy how Revostock accepts/declines music within a timely manner, and when/if they decline they don't give you any bs. They actually give you constructive criticism to help you make your files better. Im new and haven't sold here yet but i like the service.

Sebastian H. Pituscan

Postby Sebastian H. Pituscan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:31 pm

In my own experience feedback from Revo is constructive and helps a lot, to some extent even (in my own experience) outside Revo!

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:13 am

backtalk_unlimited wrote:Fact is, Backtalk Unlimited staff members have a wealth of musical experience to draw upon but relatively little past experience with the subtleties associated with development of production music libraries. The input that Jon W. kindly provided last year and that we continue to receive from Craig L. has been tremendously helpful to us in refining our audio engineering techniques and in adapting our musical styles to meet RevoStock's needs and those of its clients.

Alan (backtalk_unlimited)

Just another example of the "active" building of a professional community that is going on here!

Glad to be here! :)

Previous

Return to RevoStock News