Forgot your password?

Forgot your Email?

or Create a FREE Account!

Click To Show Advanced Search Options

New Splash Page

In this thread we will keep you up to date on the newest Revolution Stock Media news!
Digital Spatula

Postby Digital Spatula » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:05 am

This is the page that came up when I clicked on the link for you last post in the email.

http://www.revostock.com/Content-Empty.html

Then when I clicked again this page came up

http://www.revostock.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... =4222#4222

I'm using firefox.
Thanks,
Steve

Steve T, Digital Spatula

Check out our Revo footage at:
http://www.revostock.com/ViewProfile.html?&ID=622

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:14 am

Steve,

I haven't seen that problem here on Safari.... however, that "Content-Empty.html" link that you got initially is the same that I experienced from logging in from the Splash page.

Maybe that is a default html call after a time-out. Although if so, the time is quite short cause I got that only after a few seconds on logging in.

thanks,

Mark Fogarty
RevoModerator

Postby Mark Fogarty » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:19 pm

Steve

That "Content-Empty" link is what I have been getting in relation to the Revostock site for several different things for as long as I can remember.

When I get the Revostock Fresh Cuts email and click on the "Win 50" image, it always takes me to the "Content-Empty" link. I will close that tab/window, click on the "Win 50" image again and this time it will take me to the "Not a Winner" page.

<*sigh*> I have been hearing that statement my entire life.

Also, if I select the "Notify me when a reply is posted" to any of my posts, when I get an email with a link taking me to the thread/reply... clicking the link ALWAYS takes me to the "Content-Empty" page. But when I click the email link a second time it takes me to the thread/reply.

I've been meaning to mention this to Revostock but never have. It's a minor nuisance while I have other, much more major nuisances in my life right now.

For what it's worth, I am using Firefox.

Squeeze
RevoStaff

Postby Squeeze » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:39 pm

Hey guys,

Not really sure why this "content empty" thing happens, but I just thought I'd let you know that we do know about and have been trying to figure it out. It happens to me too every time I get an email about a forum post. At first I thought it was related to a particular OS or browser but after looking into it some it seems to happen on different browsers and OS's. I have noticed that if I already have a web browser open then it usually doesn't happen. But if the web browser has to open from being totally closed, it always happens.

Mark Fogarty
RevoModerator

Postby Mark Fogarty » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:42 pm

Squeeze

Whenever I click a link that ends up taking me to a "Content-Empty" page, I always already have a browser open... for what it's worth.

Mark

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Sqeeze,

Thanks for the heads up on this issue. I was about to write up a support ticket but won't now. I had never had it happen to me on Safari but when you mentioned about the link launching the browser and having it happen I realized I probably always had my browser open. So I closed my browser and can confirm to you that it happened to me also from a cold launch of the browser too. So on this end Safari is not exempt from it happening also on the cold launch.

for whatever it's worth.... :)

Squeeze
RevoStaff

Postby Squeeze » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:56 pm

thanks for the info guys! that helps! I'm on a mac and I assume you are too Ron if you are using Safari. Mark- are you on a Mac or PC? If you are on a PC can you try Internet Explorer to see if it happens there? I think I remember hearing that it did but just thought I'd confirm it.

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:08 pm

Squeeze...

Yes, on a mac here...

Safari 2.0.4

OS 10.4.10

This never happened while my browser was open..... only after the cold launch.

thanks for looking into this....

Mark Fogarty
RevoModerator

Postby Mark Fogarty » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Squeeze

I'm on a PC

Windows XP

It doesn't work right in Firefox 2.0.0.11

but it seems to work fine in IE 6.0.2900

go figure.

I don't have the most recent version of IE to test for you. I'm sure somebody does.

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:49 pm

Squeeze....

Here is a further follow-up for you....

With my browser not running... I click the link from the e-mail...the browser launches and for a moment the URL in the e-mail DOES load properly in its entirety(I can see this in the hyperlink field of the browser) ... but as the browser reads the title of the page in the html it then changes to "Content-Empty.html" and displays the empty body of the page.

So, just as the browser displays the title..."RevoStock: Affordable Stock Video Footage, Music and Sound Effects"... the hyperlink field changes to the "Content-Empty.html" text.

hope that gives you some insight as we put a closer eye to this :shock:

:)

RevoStock1
RevoStaff

Postby RevoStock1 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:40 am

Hmmm. This may be fixed? I was encountering this as well and asked Marc to check it out and he may have fixed it as it doesn't seem to be happening to me anymore. You guys try it out and see if it happens....

C

Mark Fogarty
RevoModerator

Postby Mark Fogarty » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:47 am

It still happened for me this morning when I clicked the email link to see the new reply in this thread.

DropDrop

Postby DropDrop » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:41 am

I think you should nix the splash page all together. If you choose to keep it there needs to be a "browse now" button or "check out some clips!" button.

Again, I think people that are registered shouldn't even see this.
Cassidy Bisher
Motion Graphics Designer
DropDrop.com LLC

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:47 am

Craig,...

this morning I noticed that this has been fixed...it worked fine for me linking out of the e-mail without the browser running. However, if Mark worked on it AFTER we mentioned it to Squeeze then it seems to be fixed at least on Safari.....if he worked on it before yesterday then I suspect we have something intermittant because it was happening MANY and EVERY time I tried it yesterday as this discussion progressed.

fyi,....

postquis design

Postby postquis design » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Cassidy...

The need for a browse NOW button has been brought up in previous posts and I totally agree....also some have suggested that registered users should not see this page.... I agree again.

However, I am voting again to keep the splash with suggested revisions. I have referred a few people who came to check it out and commented that a simpler initial page would have been preferred. I believe if someone is getting introduced to this whole new concept and has never purchased stock before it should be laid out for them BEFORE they have almost 25,000 clips jumping in there face and ALL kind of flash pop ops as they mouse around unknowingly.

I believe if Revo keeps the splash and makes the additions commented on here it will benefit first timers.

just some thoughts.... :)

PreviousNext

Return to RevoStock News